http://dialmeup233.blogspot.com
When we move, God moves. ♥
When we move, God moves. ♥
Activist for Christ.
Academic Excellence
Saturday, July 16, 2011
I remember the very first time I went for AE was in 2009.
Listening with open and expectant hearts
as Pastor How preached about Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom
Truly I received something, & I never saw that God had planned out studying way before out time, He had thought of us and everything was in His plan.
It gave me a new perspective of studying and from then I went all out for my O's.
But honestly, nothing remained smooth and great in my life.
Because Pastors believed that youths can do good in church and do well in school at the same time, and so we had Study Rule.
I had to study 20hours (because I was taking O's) each week before I could attend service, which meant 4hours each day. and this was outside of school lessons, remedials, tuition and all.
I struggled, because I ended class at 5pm everyday.
Everyday I struggled to complete that 4hours and constantly I felt frustrated when people tell me they have no time. I was the one with no time.
My parents got upset with church thinking I was forced to stay up to finish all the hours.
That was the very first time I cried one night, feeling so afraid I couldn't attend service that week, because 20 hours seemed so impossible.
For once I felt like someone who struggled to go to church every week, and thinking back, I am so privileged truly to come to church freely.
I remember so clearly, back in 2009, every possible persecution came, every thought in my head was a doubting thought, those that were like "how can you possibly finish 20hours", "now your parents are against you going to church", "did you make the right choice". But out of myself I pulled out something, to go through it day after day. I really loved God and church so much, I would go no matter what. I kept being faithful and God remained faithful too.
People struggle to believe in God that they never see, but what keeps me believing no matter what, is the witnessing of His true power in His miracles.
No one can see God, but we can never ignore miracles.
That year, God moved in my O's. I don't say it for fun, but for real, it has to be God, not me.
Literature was so not my thing. I tried my best in sec3 & 4, but I could never get a B4, not even a C5. I barely passed or failed every exam. I struggled and I hated literature. I had 2 books for O's, but I barely read up to the 3rd Chapter of the 30chapter book and didn't even finish half of part 1 of the play. I just got notes from my teachers and studied certain characters and all.
But everything that I studied came out exactly in my paper, everything fit so well, it's not coincidence. It's too true and too good to be a coincidence.
Eventually, for my Literature, from a C, I got a grade of A2. This was the miracle.
English is something I never got a B3 for in my entire 4 years of secondary school.
But for O's, the composition title: POWER.
I always remembered and I wrote a story that may seem really lame, but I gave all I could to make it sound real, because it was my own personal story. Comprehension, the weakest area I had, was surprisingly so easy to answer.
God moved and gave me an A2.
I'm not a person who likes to boast, thus it's not easy to tell this out without being misunderstood. But now I really want to say, this is the truth.
This is the God I believe in, the God I love, the God I serve, the God who gave me such miracles, to shape me to who I am now. Why God is so real to me? Because I've seen His miracles & I really want the world to know about Him and His power.




